Topic 3: Best Practices and Do’s & Don’ts
Best Practices and Do's & Don'ts
- focus on digital safety opportunities instead of the risk to avoid fear or rejection to online participation
- encourage peer-to-peer learning by asking more advanced students to assist others
- sequence the activities and give clear step-by-step instructions
- share your own personal accounts and consider setting up fake social media and/or personal accounts to use as examples in class
- forget to offer take-home activities that allow students to deepen in those areas they found interesting.