Topic 3: Best Practices and Do’s & Don’ts
Best Practices and Do's & Don'ts
- use simple digital communication terminology rather than too technical
- analogise and compare digital to other familiar and know communication concepts to boost relational understanding
- leave room for students to share their own experience with communication safety, email, video tools and social media to boost students engagement.
- miss to develop self-awareness of student learning by naming communication skills they have learned.
- consider assessment simply as a way of grading but as a way to track student’s progress towards the learning goals.