Topic 2: Strategies, Approaches and Techniques
Strategies, Approaches and Techniques
- Promote a friendly-conversation environment, such as by creating mixed-student small groups to help building sharing and new friendships.
- Guide and support learners in composing texts independently and creatively.
- Conduct writing conferences individually or in small groups of learners.
- Keep monitoring learners’ writing in order to identify strengths and weaknesses, and set future goals.
- Provide opportunities for learners to self-assess, i.e. self evaluating of reading, writing, listening, self-correcting.
- Provide feedback reviewing and commenting on learners’ drafts.
- Encourage students’ conversations about their writing, building their capacity to talk about their texts, their choices etc.
- Evoke discussion, curiosity, questioning, analysis among learners in order to make learning more attractive.
- Try to identify similarities and differences between learners in the classroom, through encouraging the share of learners’ personal values and beliefs. This will create a sense of belonging.