Topic 2: Strategies, Approaches and Techniques
Strategies, Approaches and Techniques
- Use learners with better level of understanding in the classroom as a starting point in learning activities.
- Use cultural, linguistic and educational backgrounds of students in learning process.
- Integrate in the learning process relevant artefacts, diagrams, documentaries, films, maps, software, wall charts etc. as references and extra resources for learners.
- Provide word lists and glossaries for learners as references and extra resources.
- Challenge students with demanding activities, beyond their abilities and support them for successfully implement them.
- Take advantage of ICT resources, through making use of them in a regular basis.
- Promote learner’s judgment in classroom, through comparing and contrasting texts by considering their purpose, audience, structure, language choices and added value to the area under investigation.
- Make use of metacognitive strategies of learning, i.e. self evaluating of reading, writing, listening, getting involved in the process of identifying difficulties and problems, as well as self-correcting, reviewing and commenting on learners’ drafts.