Topic 2: Action Plan on the integration of third-country nationals
The European Commission has adopted an Action Plan on the integration of third-country nationals on 7 June 2016. The Action Plan provides a comprehensive framework to support Member States’ efforts in developing and strengthening their integration policies, and describes the concrete measures the Commission will implement in this regard. While it targets all third-country nationals in the EU, it contains actions to address the specific challenges faced by refugees.
Key policy priorities of the Action Plan:
- Provision of support for third country nationals’ integration (pre-departure and pre-arrival measures for local communities)
- Provision of education and training for fostering integration
- Promotion of the employment and early integration into vocational training
- Promotion of access to basic services such as adequate and affordable housing and health services
- Promotion of full participation of third-country nationals in all aspects of community and societal life