Topic 1: Basic guidelines
- The numbers from 0 to 9 should be written in order and the numbers should be read.
- The numbers should be linked with concrete objects (pencil, eraser, etc.)
- The numbers from 1 to 20 should be written and read afterwards they should be counted for the learners.
- Such symbols ‘+’, ‘-’, ‘=’ should be introduced.
- Analog and digital watches should be introduced and the differences among them should be explained.
- Expressions indicating where the person is located should be explained in order for a person to indicate where s/he is.