Topic 1: Basic Guidelines
In Practice: Activities, Teaching Material, Tips & Ideas
Search engines are designed to search the World Wide Web in a systematic way for particular information.
For this area, you may begin providing your learners with basic internet terminology and information about browsers and main features.
Then, guide them on how to navigate a browser, locate a website and identify common domains.
Lastly, list some tips on search terms (use quotation marks, connector words, etc.)
Bookmarks will allow your learners to store the important results of their online searches for later retrieval.
Learners should be taught to:
- Identify the bookmark toolbar
- Setting and accessing bookmarks
- Manage bookmarks (Organise bookmarks in folders, delete, export and import).
People use the Internet for searching for information, news or updates. Tutors may teach learners to approach sources critically and determine whether the information is credible or not from the numerous online sources of information and data available:
- Introduce techniques to evaluate and recognize credible information like the C.R.A.P. test and stress the importance of the evaluation criteria.
- List and talk about credible sources and those to be avoided.
- Explain the credible domain names and the
Managing files and folders comprise a set of basic digital skills needed to perform efficient retrieval, reduced storage space and also improve the collaborative use of documents.
Consider the following learning objectives for your lessons on this topic:
- Understand what files and folders are and related terminology
- Use the File Explorer to locate files
- Perform common operations with files and folders (creating, copying, moving, renaming and deleting)
Source: : https://unsplash.com/
Cloud storage is the alternative model of computer data storage to local storage (own pc or physical hardware). This model will allow migrant students to keep their data available and accessible from anywhere at any time.
Guide migrant students in their first steps in a cloud storage service. Teach them the basics including the most popular free services, signing and setting up, upload and download documents, documents management – share, delete, organize, etc.- and synchronizing files on their computers/smartphones.
Digital devices can present a wide variety of forms and features depending on the intended use and the final user.
Teach your students basic features and functions of mobiles (smartphones and tablets) like how to navigate, connect to WiFi, download apps and adjust settings.