Module 1: General overview of Migration to Europe 2020
This module aims to provide volunteers who will teach adult migrants with knowledge regarding the migration phenomenon and its impact in a European level. In particular, this module will enhance participants’ knowledge in the following migration issues:
- Deeper understanding of background information on migration causes, integration trends and characteristics as well as on the personal and social impact of the migration
- Enhance participants’ knowledge on migration flows
- Familiarize participants with key stakeholders dealing with migration issues
- Enhance participants’ understanding of institutional frameworks for migrant integration
- Trainers will need to be familiar with the detailed content of this certain module.
- They are encouraged to tailor this content to their particular audiences (learners) and country contexts. In some cases, this might just mean adding relevant local examples and applying the information to the local context throughout the training.
- It is advised that the training course is made as interactive and participatory as possible.
- To enhance effectiveness of the learning process, different techniques to encourage active participants’ involvement should be used, such as asking them to share personal experiences, stories and beliefs, posing additional questions and presenting dilemmas.
- It is important that trainers use their judgement and take into account participants cultural norms.
0% Complete 0/2 Steps
0% Complete 0/1 Steps